I am completely in love with chocolate! No wonder that this recipe is one of my favorite desserts.
It is absolutely delicious and at the same time fast and easy to prepare.
As the dough needs to be frozen before putting the soufflé in the oven, this recipe can even be made
days in advance.
servings: 4 – 6
preparation time: 30 min + 12 h cooling time
2 eggs, & 2 egg yolk
80 g sugar
90 g dark chocolate coating (couverture)
100 butter cut in cubes
80 g flour, butter & flour for the baking dishes
chocolate sprinkles to decorate
- whisk eggs, egg yolk and sugar up until the sugar dissolves
- slowly melt the chocolate coating, add the butter cubes and stir until it is smooth
- gently fold the chocolate/butter mix in the eggs/sugar mixture
- sift the flour and carefully fold into the mixture
- grease 6 small baking forms and sprinkle them with flour.
- fill each form 2/3 full and set them into the freezer for 12 hours or over night.
- just before serving, set the frozen baking forms into the preheated oven (180° C, 13 minutes)
- carefully turn the forms upside down and set the soufflé on a plate.
- decorate with chocolate sprinkles
- tipp: serve with vanilla ice cream